The newest addition to NoosaCare’s Community initiative is our Dementia Education Sessions.
What Is It?
Sandra Gilbert, keynote speaker is the brain behind Dementia and Living, which is a concept that encourages a life worth living after the diagnosis of Dementia. With our award winning Cartwright Dementia Community set to expand and our podcasts and blog available to the world, we still felt there was something missing – enter our Dementia Friendly Business Education.
With an increasing number of people remaining at home after a diagnosis, it’s important for us raise awareness and provide support and dignity to those living with Dementia before they leap into professional care. As a part of NoosaCare’s dream we are offering these short education sessions to schools, individuals, airports, heck all types of businesses so that people living with dementia can feel at home in THEIR community as they have always done.
There have been some other small projects across Australia, however our dream is to educate as many people as possible so we can claim more and more Dementia Friendly Businesses and Communities across the globe.
What can you expect?:
- Face to face training with Sandra Gilbert
- 1 hour custom session for your business
- What dementia is and what it isn’t
- How to recognise signs of dementia
- Tips and tricks to assist people living with Dementia
- How to improve your business environment Environmental Audit (additional cost)
- Presentation packs for reference
- Handy Cheat sheets to assist with communication skills
- Dementia friendly Business Window sticker
- Access to Dementia and Living Community