In response to the prevention guidelines to Aged Care providers issued by the Minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians, NoosaCare continues to take steps to prevent COVID-19 from presenting within our community.
Whilst we have no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 our priority is to protect our residents and staff and implement safeguards now to slow the spread of the virus.
Visitors are now allowed entry 7 days a week, however all visits MUST be scheduled prior to arriving at the facility. Scheduled visits for all visitors to both Carramar and Kabara sites, will be monitored and involve infection control measures. To book a visit, the Booking Concierge may be contacted on 07 5447 7355.
It is still a requirement for all visitors, staff, volunteers and anyone else entering an aged care facility to have had the 2020 flu vaccine. This is a Qld Health legal requirement and penalties apply to those who fail to comply with the Aged Care Direction including staff NoosaCare, volunteers and visitors. Penalties may lead to fines of up to $13,345.00.
Please DO NOT enter our facility if you:
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- have a fever (37.5 degrees or more)
- have a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties
- have not had the 2020 flu vaccination (unless it is unavailable to you, for example, you are allergic to the vaccine)
As of 17 June 2020, the restrictions on residents leaving the facility has been eased. A resident can leave the aged care facility with for a range of reasons, including but not limited to:
- attend a small family gathering of up to 20 people
- receive or access health care including mental health and allied health services (e.g. podiatrists, diversional therapists, music therapists)
- receive end of life or palliative care
- visit a service provider, including: hairdressers, beauty therapists and legal advisors
- visit another residential aged care facility
- attend a funeral.
Reminder for external outings, you must book prior to the day with the booking concierge and complete and sign a COVID-19 Risk Assessment form.
NoosaCare is required to keep records of external and internal visits for tracking purposes in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Reminder to follow COVID-19 guidelines
- Social distancing 1.5 metres
- Hand hygiene on entry and exit of facility
- If unwell to not visit site
If you have any questions or require clarification on the above points, please contact our Booking Concierge. To book a visit, the Booking Concierge may be contacted on 07 5447 7355.
Since implementing restrictions we:
- Have held activities for our residents, including live music by one of our employees;
- Supplied free coffee to residents and staff.
- Set up video calls for communication between residents and their families;
- Rostered 4 additional cleaners per day;
- Rostered 1 additional kitchen staff per day;
- Hired additional Clinical Care staff;
- Continued to restrict staff movement between both sites;
- Ramped up recruitment for Registered Nurses; and
- Implemented additional training for staff on COVID-19 and infection control.
- We have seen no symptoms of COVID-19 within our NoosaCare community;
For resources and more information around COVID-19 and the current situation, we recommend visiting the Department of health website https://www.health.gov.au/
Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone: Carramar- 5449 8799 or Kabara-5447 7355 email:
Chief Executive Officer